This week, I went to the neurologist, who gave me the go-ahead to eat a bit more normally. So in addition to writing all the things, I spent Thursday and Friday and Saturday eating all the things. It was magical and totally worth the heartburn.
What did I write this week, you ask?
- On Monday I recapped last weekend’s episode of NPR’s Invisibilia, in which they thrice misused the concept of racism.
- Tuesday was a big day at the University of Minnesota. Actually Monday was abig day; Tuesday was the day we started to piece together the aftermath and followup.
- On Wednesday I posted one of my most popular blogs to date, about the response of the adults after students staged a walkout after the completed suicide of a friend. Instead of listening, the adults scolded.
- Thursday: how power hierarchies at school prepare us for a life of power hierarchies at work.
- On Fit Friday, I discussed how models who stretch the boundaries actually reinforce the dominant standards of beauty.
As always, I ask you to share and engage.